by Georgia Rose
Big thanks to Heather at Heather Burnside Author for nominating me for a Liebster Award. The Liebster is an award that bloggers give to each other as a way to promote blogs with less than 1,000 followers. It’s also a fun get-to-know-the-blogger tag!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you.
- Tag 11 bloggers who have less than 1,000 readers.
- Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them through social media or their blog.
Heather’s Questions (and My Answers)
- What makes you happy?
Well that’s a question and a half to start with isn’t it?? Okay leaving aside the spending time with family and friends, wine, chocolate, sunsets and walks on beaches type things I’m going to go with what pleases me most. What makes me content and settled – and that is finishing things. Boring, probably, but I get great satisfaction from completing a project and that makes me relaxed which makes me more inclined to be approaching the state of being happy 😉 It’s a knock on effect.
- Who are your favourite authors?
Blimey, another challenging one…seriously you want me to name people? I have thought about this and I honestly can’t without either offending someone, who I genuinely forget in the moment, or of having a list so long you will still be reading it tomorrow. Let’s just say I love reading, I do it every day and over the many years of my life I have been privileged to read the work of many terrific writers and leave it at that. (am not jibbing out!)
- What genre do you like to write in, and why? (This one is for writers only).
I write romantic suspense. I like plenty of action and adventure with my romance and this genre allows me free rein to add in as much as I like. It can be dark serious romance or with a bit of humour thrown in, there is an endless variety.
- What are your favourite genres to read, and why?
Dark, gritty, physiological crime thrillers, good mysteries and generally any well told story.
- What was the best day of your life? (I pinched this one from Brigid)
The days I had my children and felt complete without ever realising I wasn’t before.
- In general, do you think books are best portrayed through films or through the book itself?
Always the book itself. I once heard that the film of Gone with the Wind was better than the book, but as I failed to ever get into the book I couldn’t possibly comment 😉
- What place in the world would you most like to see, but haven’t yet got round to visiting?
New Zealand. I love open spaces, fabulous views and having plenty of room with no other people around and I’ve always been attracted to New Zealand for this reason.
- What’s your favourite form of transport, and why?
Horseback…there is no better feeling…
- Do you have a writing goal i.e. something that you would like to achieve through your writing? If so, what is it? (This one is for writers only).
I would like to turn out better work each time I write something.
- What is your all-time favourite book?
I’m going to say two actually – Pride and Prejudice and To Kill a Mockingbird – I know they are pretty standard choices. I didn’t particularly like either to start with but I studied these at school (like most of us) and it was the first time I’d ever thought anything beyond just reading the words on the page and enjoying the story.
- What is your biggest passion (apart from writing)?
Horses – any and all 🙂 Obviously after family and friends…ahem…*she adds quickly* 😉
And now to the bit I always struggle with which is why I am rubbish at doing these things. I apologise if any of you have already done this and I haven’t spotted it…clearly you don’t have to do it again, unless you want to!
Linda at Linda’s Book Bag
Liz at Lizannelloyd
Ms C at Booklovercircumspect4
Luccia at Rereading Jane Eyre
Alison at An Authors View
Elizabeth at Quite Contrary
Cathy at Between the Lines
Jessie at Behind the Willows
Sonya at A Lover of Books
Debbie at Debbie Young’s Writing Life
Nick at Nick Verron
- If you could be any character in any book who would it be? And why?
- Do you prefer a sunrise or sunset?
- If you could go back or forward in time, which time period would you visit? And why?
- Which house would you have been in at Hogwarts?
- What is your favourite form of exercise or sport (that you take part in rather than watch!)?
- Give me one thing that you would happily banish to Room 101?
- Which is the make of car that you think depicts you best?
- If you were running from your burning house (and assuming all your loved ones were already safe) what would be the one thing you would grab to take with you?
- Name one film that you haven’t seen for years but you can never forget, and why is that?
- Which was your favourite subject at school? And least favourite?
- If you were off travelling for a couple of months and (forgetting ereaders exist) could only take one book with you which would it be?
I just want to finish by saying that if you are unable to take part it isn’t a problem, and thanks again to Heather for nominating me. Also, please don’t be offended if I’ve nominated you and you have more than 1000 followers as it isn’t always possible to tell.